Lagoon and Irrigation System
Pictured above is an 11 acre, synthetic-lined holding pond near Juniata, Nebraska.
Settje Agri-Services served as the turnkey design/build firm for the project. We worked with subcontractors through all kinds of weather to finish this project into the winter.
Projects such as these are a specialty of our team’s, combining the most crucial aspects of engineering, construction, nutrient management, and environmental compliance into one package for beef producers.
Key features of this lagoon system include:
- Synthetic-lined HDPE plastic for 100% containment
- 33 feet deep at its low point
- Two output pumps integrated into 5 pivots for dewatering, with the option of adding a third
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) controllers for pumping and management
- 180,000 yards of dirt moved, creating a stockpile for the owner feedyard for pen maintenance